Terms and Conditions
- By using our platform, you confirm that you accept these terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our platform.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms, or save them electronically, for future reference.
2 Who can use our platform
- If you use our platform to get information about a vehicle which you own, or which you have leased or hired (or which someone you know owns, or has leased or hired) you are a personal end user.
- If you use our platform to get information about a vehicle which a business you work for owns, or has leased or hired, or which you manage or intend to buy on behalf of a business, you are a business end user.
- If you are a personal end user, any information we provide about the vehicle you ask us to report on will be provided to you through our platform.
- If you are a business end user, any information we provide about the vehicle you ask us to report on will be provided to the business you work for.
- Our platform is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. The content available through our platform may not be appropriate for use in other locations, and any pricing information which we may provide to you is relevant to repair services in the United Kingdom only.
3 Who we are and how to contact us
Our platform is operated by Wondle Limited (we, us or our). We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 13912851 and have our registered office at 179 Park Lane, Poynton SK12 1RH. Our VAT number is 408288482.
To contact us, please do so in writing:
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by post to: Wondle Limited, 179 Park Lane, Poynton SK12 1RH.
4 Other terms that may apply to you
The following sets of terms also apply to your use of our platform:
- our Cookies policy which sets out information about the cookies on our platform.
5 We may update our platform and these terms
- We may update and change our platform from time to time – for example, to reflect changes to the services available.
- We may amend or update these terms from time to time to reflect changes in relevant laws, regulatory requirements, best practice or to deal with additional features which we may introduce to our platform. You are responsible for reviewing these terms and ensuring that you understand the basis on which we provide our services, so please check our terms each time that you use our services.
- By continuing to access our platform following our notice of any update to these terms, you agree to comply with these terms as updated or amended. If you do not agree to such update, then please do not continue to access our platform and take the steps set out here to deactivate your account.
- We do not guarantee that our platform, or the services and content available through our platform, will always be available, or that access will be uninterrupted.
- We may suspend or withdraw, or restrict the availability of, all or any part of our platform (including access to information saved to your account) for business and operational reasons.
- We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension, withdrawal or restriction which will affect your access to your account, but we recommend that you keep a separate copy (physical or electronic) of any reports or other information available through your account which you may want to be able to access in future.
7 Setting up your account
- You must register for an account in order to use the services available via our platform. Please complete all required fields on the online account set-up form and ensure that all information is correct.
- Once you have completed the registration process, we will send you an email to confirm activation of your account.
- By setting up an account you confirm to us that:
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- you are legally capable of entering into a contract with us.
8 Uploading content and obtaining a report
- In order to receive the services, you must upload photos and/or videos of the vehicle (and in some cases provide written descriptions) which meet the requirements specified on the platform, and which are of sufficient quality and detail to allow us to provide the services to you.
- The quality of the report we can provide to you depends on the quality of the photos, videos and written descriptions you provide. In particular, we cannot report on or provide an accurate reading in respect of any damage which you have not photographed or videoed, so please ensure that you have carefully inspected the vehicle and followed the user instructions when submitting such content. You will not be entitled to a refund of any payments you have made to us if we are unable to provide a report because the photos or videos submitted do not meet the requirements set out on our platform.
- If you are a personal end user, the contract between you and us for provision of the services in accordance with these terms will come into existence when you pay for the services through our third-party payment provider. In any event, whether you are a personal end user or a business end user, you agree that you will use our platform in accordance with these terms at all times.
- By uploading content to the platform, you grant us a royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, transfer and display such content on the platform, to transfer such content to third parties for their use for the sole purpose of providing the services, and to use and share anonymised information derived from such content for purposes connected with our business.
- Once we have analysed the content you submit, we will generate a report setting out what damage can be observed on visual inspection, together with an estimate of the possible costs of repair that might be charged by a vehicle leasing company if the vehicle were returned in that condition. Our estimate is based on aggregated published data for leading car leasing companies in the UK, and is accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- If you are a personal end user, we will provide that report to you through our platform. If you are a business end user, the report may be sent to the business that hired the vehicle, and, depending on the requirements of your business, you may receive a notification through our platform to confirm that this has happened.
- If you are a personal end user, we warrant to you that we will prepare the report using reasonable care and skill, and that the report will comply in all material respects with our description of it on the platform, noting, always bearing in mind that the quality of the report is dependant on the quality of the content which you submit to us, and on the latest information available to us.
9 Using the report
After you receive the report, you will have the option of asking us to provide either (or both) of the following further services:
- for cosmetic damage identified on the vehicle, we can provide you with the cost of having that damaged repaired by a recommended third-party repairer; and/or
- for any more extensive damage identified on the vehicle, we can contact a recommended third-party repairer on your behalf, so that the third-party repairer can provide you with an estimate for the repair of such damage.
- To allow us to provide those services, you will need to provide us with your address so that we can establish pricing for repair services at a location local to you.
- Where you ask us to contact a recommended third-party repairer on your behalf, we will request contact details from you, and you agree to us passing those details to the repairer for the sole purpose of providing you with a quote for the repair of the damage to your vehicle.
- Where we provide prices, or obtain an estimate on your behalf from a recommended third-party repairer, we do so for the sole purpose of facilitating you in establishing costs of repair, and identifying a potential provider. If you decide to use a third-party repairer, your agreement for those repair services will be with the third-party repairer and not with us. We do not guarantee the quality of any repair services which they may provide to you, and do not have any liability to you whatsoever in respect of such services.
- If a vehicle leasing company rejects a repair (or rejects a specific part of a larger repair) which was undertaken by a third-party repairer which we recommended to you, then so long as the vehicle leasing company has given a valid reason for the rejection and evidence of poor repair, we will arrange for the third-party repairer to refund to you the cost of the repair (or the cost of the relevant part). This commitment does not apply if your leasing arrangement specifies that repairs must be undertaken by the leasing company’s approved repairers.
- Where our platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
10 Price and Payment
- If you are a personal end user, you must pay for our services by card using the payment portal on our platform at the time you submit your content and request provision of the services.
- We can share your personal or transactional information with our third party payment service provider for the purpose of processing any payments related to services selected via our platform.
11 We may commence provision of the services straight away
Where you are a personal end user, you acknowledge that, by submitting your photos and videos:
- you expressly request that we commence the provision of the services for you immediately; and
- you waive the legal right you might otherwise have as a consumer to cancel your order during a 14 day cancellation period, so that you will no longer be able to change your mind once the services have been fully performed. The services will have been fully performed when we have made the report on your vehicle available to you through the platform.
12 What to do if things go wrong or you require assistance
- If you wish to complain about the platform or the services you have received or you are seeking help after encountering problems with your use of the platform, please contact us at: email@example.com .
13 Your data and privacy
- If you are provided with a password or any other such piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any other individual or third party.
- Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any information you send using our platform may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
- By logging into and using our platform, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about your devices and your use of our platform in order to improve our platform and provide the services to you.
14 How you may use material on our platform
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our platform, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our platform for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our platform. We recommend that you download a copy of the report and retain this in a location outside the platform.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our platform must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our platform for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of our platform in breach of these terms, your right to use our platform will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
15 How you may use the platform
- keep your password and login credentials for your account secure and confidential; and
- do all you can to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, our platform, and if you become aware of any such unauthorised access or use, promptly notify us.
You may use our platform only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these terms. You may not use our platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, promotes violence of discrimination on any grounds, infringes any intellectual property rights, promotes illegal activity or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person or is otherwise illegal;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of our platform;
- in order to build a product or service which competes with our platform.
You also agree not to:
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our platform, any equipment or network on which our platform is stored, any software used in the provision of our platform and/or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; or
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make our platform available to any third party.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our platform through your internet connection are aware of these terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
16 Rules about linking to our platform
- You may link to the home page of our platform, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link to our platform in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our platform in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our platform must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our platform other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the acceptable use standards set out above.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our platform other than that set out above, please contact us.
17 We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our platform will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our platform. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our platform, the server on which our platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our platform. You must not attack our platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our platform will cease immediately.
18 Do not rely on information on this platform
- Any content on our platform, other than the reports which we provide as the output of our services, is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our platform.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our platform, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our platform is accurate, complete or up to date.
19 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Where you are a business end user, or a personal end user who uses your vehicle for commercial purposes, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- You acknowledge that the quality of the report we provide to you is dependent upon the quality of the photos, videos and written descriptions which you submit to us, and that any estimate of the possible costs of repair that might be charged by a vehicle leasing company if the vehicle were returned in that condition is an estimate only, based on aggregated published data for leading car leasing companies in the UK.
- You acknowledge that, where we provide prices, or obtain an estimate on your behalf from a recommended third-party repairer, we do so for the sole purpose of facilitating you in establishing costs of repair, and identifying a potential provider. If you decide to use a third-party repairer, your agreement for those repair services will be with the third-party repairer and not with us. We do not guarantee the quality of any repair services which they may provide to you, and do not have any liability to you whatsoever in respect of such services.
20 Closing your account
- You may close your account at any time by following the instructions on our platform, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you no longer wish to use our services.
- On the deactivation or closure of an account, all licences and rights granted to you under these terms immediately cease and you will no longer be able to use our platform. Any amounts due to us will immediately become payable by you.
- The closure of an account shall not affect any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities that have accrued up to the date the account was closed, or your access to our platform was deactivated, including our right to claim damages in respect of any breach of these terms which existed at or before the date of termination, and any provision expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after closure of an account or deactivation of access to our platform shall remain in full force and effect.
- We may close or suspend your account (and any related accounts to your account, as determined by us) and your access to the app, where we have reason to believe that you, your use of the app or any content you have uploaded to the app violate our terms. In the event your account is closed, you will no longer have any right to use our app.
21 We may transfer our agreement with you to someone else
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the agreement.
22 Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
You can bring proceedings in the courts of England and Wales, or:
- the Scottish courts if you live in Scotland; or
- the Northern Irish courts if you live in Northern Ireland.
These terms were most recently updated in September 2022.